Monday, 15 April 2013

on nanaimo.

This post I'll dedicate towards my besties. After all, what are blogs without an audience? And I appreciate my faithful audience for enduring through my odd posts.

Nanaimo! ....is far. Or at least far enough to make the transit feel like forever. And the island itself is quaint. Perhaps things are a matter of taste, a matter of perspective. It's a town that feels like you might be able to run into everyone again, and you might learn the names of shop owners and the people in the city.

After being a city girl for so many years, even the suburban parts of it, I find it an odd sort of disquieting to be walking along downtown on a Sunday, and being able to count the handful of people littering the streets.
I don't deny it's beautiful, and it feels a little like a vacation just to be in that sort of atmosphere. Where people bike along the sides of the road, and the same people ride the buses everyday.

I miss my brother. No matter how exciting it is to visit his place, to go on a vacation, an adventure to another city to see him, I can`t get rid of the tugging feeling to bring him home. It`s odd to think of him far away in another city, where I have no idea what is going on. What will he do without me to be there to adore him?

In terms of whole 30...still happening! Only a week and a half left to go. I did find myself surprisingly alert and awake early in the morning ( at seven!) So something must be paying off. :) Loving those jackfruit chips!

1 comment: