Friday, 5 April 2013

on greenness.

Today I found myself drinking a green smoothie. Green. Now...I have always thought that smoothies should be pink, or red, or yellow, or even purple! But green...unless it's kiwi in there, that shouldn't happen.
But, surprisingly, once I managed to get past the odd coloring, the idea that little bits of raw vegetable were just hanging around in my smoothie, it was..not bad!
I would even venture to say it tasted good.

I have always proclaimed to hold too high a regard for all foods to ever be able to cut them out of my life. And it's true that it's unlikely I would ever be able to revert to an entirely wholesome form of eating, or even a paleo lifestyle.

But I'm also coming to realize I'm enjoying this food challenge. It feels good to be eating healthy. It feels good not to have junk food settle at the bottom of your stomach. It feels good not to count my calories, to eat when I feel like it, and not feel guilty about it.

It's too early to say how this will all end up. But my review of the first week...this went more smoothly than I thought it would. Aside from brief lapses in sanity where I was ready to sell my life for a piece of white bread, I might even consider this to be kind of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Do what makes you feel good! 80 percent of the time ;)
    Embracing the greenness. YUmzors.

    ReplyDelete